We think our Lucy in the Sky Chai is pretty awesome. And we didn't think chai could get any better. But that was before we tried it with orange liquor and rum! We think you'll find the orange liquor is really nice with the strong clove flavor of our chai.
- 2 tbsp Lucy in the Sky Chai
- 1 oz orange liquor (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or Curacao, etc)
- 1/2 oz rum
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream*
- (optional) stevia or sugar to taste (approx. 1 tsp)
- (optional) star anise
- (optional) fresh orange slice
- Steep the chai for 5 minutes in 10 oz of hot water and remove.
- Add the alcohol, sweetener and cream.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and one star anise.
- If you desire, top with whipped cream. If you have any orange slices laying around, you may as well throw one of those in there too. You might even squeeze a slice in there to make it extra orange-y.
* Or non-dairy creamer, if you must.