Here's a quick and easy recipe to dress up pecans for a tasty snack. Although I used pecans, you can use whatever nut you prefer.
- 2 cups of organic pecans
- 3 tbsp pasture butter (or coconut oil if paleo/vegan)
- 3 tsp Finch & Fern Lucy in the Sky Chai (dry herbal tea blend)
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp Steviva-brand stevia*
- 1 egg white (pasture-raised)
- tiny pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, add chai, stir, and remove from heat. Let the tea infuse in the melted butter for at least 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whip one egg white until white and frothy.
- Add stevia to the butter/tea mixture and blend. Add salt if using unsalted butter or coconut oil.
- Add pecans to the bowl with the egg white and stir.
- Using a small strainer to collect the tea leaves, pour the chai-infused melted butter through the strainer, over the pecan/egg white mixture. Mix thoroughly so the pecans are well coated with both the egg white and butter.
- Spread the coated pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
*Note: Use 1/4 tsp if you prefer a sweeter flavor. If you don't have Steviva stevia, use your preferred sweetener- simply use approximately twice the amount of sweetener you would use in a large cup of tea.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe in the book, Eat Tea by Pruess and Harney.